Tuesday, August 01, 2006

Another Historical/Nostalgic Pic




This photo was published on the front page of Yedioth Ahronot (that's how they spell it) daily newspaper on March 11-12, 1971 (and that's the date that appears).

Together with me, on the far left, is (the future) Dr. David Darmon and in the center, Adi Halperin. If I am not mistaken, just to the right of him in the background is Yossi Uziel and the kippah-adorned fellow to the right of me in the foreground is a French Betari named Mordechai.

And who are the others?

Well, this was taken on HaGai Street in the Old City of Jerusalem just after several of us in the picture and elsewhere were forcibly removed from within the Temple Mount compound via the Majlis Gate. We were attacked by Arabs and returned them the favor. At one point, I found myself throwing oranges as if I was trying to strike out Mickey Mantle.

2 comments:

Soccer Dad said...

Earlier you had a picture with your wife on the "far right." Now we have a picture of you on the "far left."
:-)

YMedad said...

wajfar out comment