Wednesday, August 09, 2006

A Jew Who Takes a Stand

Saw this:-

International and local activists are planning on Saturday to bring a civilian convoy to southern Lebanon, worst hit by Israel's 28-day-old conflict with Hezbollah, to deliver aid and show solidarity with suffering residents.

"We hope this will be the first of what will become continuous convoys to show that there are civilians being killed and affected by this war," Adam Shapiro, an American documentary filmmaker and human rights activist, told Reuters.

"If governments are failing to act, we as citizens will."


Adam, Jewish, New Yorker, became famous when he married an Arab Pal., Huweida Arraf. He is not highly thought of in some circles.

I wonder if the Israeli Air Force can identify him as he wanders about the military zone. (my tongue is not in my cheek, although I will admit I'm choking)

No comments: