Sunday, March 04, 2007

Purim 2007 - The Second Time Around

Shiloh celebrates, due to the lack of a firm decision yet to be decided by our Rabbi, two days as he's not sure that the wall around the Tel originates from the time of Joshua as the Halacha demands. I don't mean to be disrespectful but the wall is Canaanite, Canaanite pottery has been found in amongst its rocks and I can't for the life of me figure out how a Canaanite wall could have been built and possibly disappear at Joshua's time and yet still be there.

Anyway, I arrive at our neighborhood synagogue, for those who have been following this blog you know it as the Ramat Shmuel Synagogue, for this evening's prayers and Megillah reading and lo and behold! half the congregation is, well, inebriated.

Below are three representative photographs of the lively crowd. At one point we had two Chazzanim going at the same, okay, not quite the same time. I wil not identify anybody therein to protect the guilty.

I understand that the Mincha service was even more lively, if that is the term.

Purim Sameach - Happy Purim!





No comments: