Sunday, July 29, 2007

Big Head Blog Posts Me

Here

We recently heard from Yisrael Medad, the Israeli editor of the Jewish blog that Wonkette editor Ken Layne threatened a libel lawsuit against. We asked Medad why he thinks Layne wrote to him in the first place.

Medad’s response:

Truth, I don’t know but:

a) He could have been having a bad day and then this “little guy” comes along and tweaks him. after all, he’s probably famous in Washington.

b) Maybe he’s done this before and I’m the only one with the cajones to have stood up.

c) Maybe he doesn’t realize the “Jew York Times” is a redux of 1984 Hymietown.

d) Maybe, just maybe, he’s a closet antisemite himself; Okay, let’s just say drawing-room Judeophobe to use the Continental phrase, and he thought that I really did know that he was sliding into antisemitism - I think he’s the one who posted it actually - and so he swung out. Maybe he thinks Jews think money and lawyers means money, so I would back off. I’m not rich, so it doesn’t bother me. I knew I was right.

But is there an “all of the above” option?

No comments: