Tuesday, September 04, 2007

This Year's Chumrah

Chumrah is a stringency, an extra precaution to avoid making an error in ritual observance. Some people think it's a worthy sort of behavior to be extra cautious; others think it's a sign of too much self-righteousness. See here and here and also here.

Well, welcome to this year's Succot Chumrah:-



Bugs in your s'chach.

The white poster in between the two green ones advertises a special fumigation service for your tree leaves.

Want to read it better? Need their phone number? Here:-



If the bugs don't get you, watch out the poison in the fumigation doesn't.

=======================

\\UPDATE//

Check out the discussion at FailedMessiah

And check Jameel over at the Muqata.

7 comments:

Batya said...

Not so strange.
Get into the mindset.
Bugs in schach can fall in the food, and make the food treif.

Anonymous said...

Can I eat outside? I guess not, since a bug might fall in my food. Also in that vain I think we all should wear a mast on our mouth when we go outside, god forbid I breath with an open mouth and I might shallow a bug.

PS how does one prevent a bug diving into the chicken soup right before I eat it in the succa maybe we should have a filter attached to our mouth

Unknown said...

Zionism is racism!!

YMedad said...

Ah, so that's what it says? You can't read, can you? I may expand but you seem to constrict - your horizons, your knowledge, your willingness to listen to the truth. Ask me any specific question and I'll answer it.

Unknown said...

Not sure what you're confused about. All I'm saying is your governments for the last 60 years have been murdering Palestinians. In your bio you wrote that you are a Zionist, which supports this type of stuff. What don't you understand?

Please respond

YMedad said...

I am assuming you're intelligent, open to discussion, willing to consider that "facts" my not be "facts" and that propaganda is a danger.

For example, you write "All I'm saying is your governments for the last 60 years have been murdering Palestinians." And if I write, for the past 87 years, ever since Tel Hai in March 1920 and Jerusalem in April 1920, Arabs in the area of the Palestine Mandate have been murdering Jews, would you agree?

If so, we have a basis to discuss and am willing to do so. If not, save both ourselves time and energy and go away.

Unknown said...

Are you promoting moral relativism or self defense?