Saturday, March 01, 2008

Fiction, Really?

Georgia Author Spins Espionage Thriller

Georgia author Daymon Andrews releases a political espionage thriller ripped from tomorrow's headlines titled, "The Sword and the Star: Temple Mount".



Published by Tate Publishing & Enterprises, the book is a story of faith and politics on a collision course. The European Union President severs all ties with the United States and dissolves NATO. Meanwhile, Iran's nuclear facilities have been destroyed by Israel and what should be a prelude to war leads to a peace treaty in the Middle East brokered by the European Union-or so it appears.

"Readers are taken on a roller coaster ride of political intrigue as lead character, Alex Stanton, special assistant to the President, uncovers a potential threat to the peace," the publisher says.


Will fiction beat fact?

===================

UPDATE

Reeceived this, March 3:

Dear Mr. Medad,

Thank you for the email and link regarding my book, The Sword and the Star: Temple Mount. I must say it was pretty exciting to see my book being mentioned in Israel!

I wrote this book for several reasons. First, as a reminder to Israel not to trade land for peace. I just don't think that is ever going to work...especially now with the on-going resurgence of Islamic Fundamentalism. Second, as a warning to the future dangers facing both the United States and Israel. I view our two countries as natural allies in the world today. Europe seems to be distancing itself from the U.S. Depending on who the future leaders of Europe are, they could be positioning themselves as a counter to the US in the world. The pushback against US activities in Iraq is a prime example. Anti-semitism continues to linger in Europe. Third, and this is the most exciting, is the role the Temple Mount plays in the world today. As you know, it is the most hotly contested piece of real estate in the world due to its role in Judaism, Christianity and Islam. The prophecies in Daniel, Ezekiel and Matthew all discuss the importance the Temple Mount will play in the future.

You noted you did not know if my book was a Christian book. It's funny you mention that. At one of my book signings someone asked me if this was a "religious" book. My answer to that is that when you write about the Middle East, you can't help but deal with religious issues..especially when the Temple Mount is the subject of the story. Well, I am a Christian so my beliefs did influence what I wrote. My intent was to write a book with Tom Clancy or Vince Flynn type action, but that did not contain the profanity found in many books today. I think if you have a good story, you don't need the profanity to spice it up.

No comments: