Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Theology Is A Dangerous Subject

This is not the story I like reading, even if it originates in Australia:

Baptist raises hell in Jewish dialogue

A BAPTIST pastor has admitted telling Jewish leaders that Jews were "going to hell" and faced a fate "worse than the Holocaust" because they had not accepted Jesus as their saviour....Mr Harris, a US-trained minister from Virginia, said his comments applied to all people who rejected Jesus, not only Jews, and were based in scripture. "The Bible says that all have sinned and all are worthy of hell," he told the Herald. "That includes everyone, until we receive Jesus as our saviour.

...Mr Harris said his comments were made in a private meeting "in my lounge room" and admitted using the word "holocaust" but said it was Biblical language. "I explained that I love the Jewish people very much and that some awful times were coming for them but I did not wish that upon them at all."

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

John 3:35-36

35 "The Father loves the Son and has given all things into His hand. 36 "He who believes in the Son has eternal life; but he who does not obey the Son will not see life, but the wrath of God abides on him."

Anonymous said...

Won't it be a hoot when we all meet in Heaven and he finds out that he was wrong?

YMedad said...

Sorry but I guess you have to be a Christian to believe that God had progeny and therefore, that theology only applies to Christians, not Jews

STASH said...

I believe that the pastor does not know his Scripture.
In Scripture, its states that God will never forsake the Jews. Thus to condemn the Jews as he did is to deny God's Word.

Christianity is based on Judaism, to condemn Jews would mean that you are also condemning Christianity.

Anonymous said...

I grew up a baptist and converted to Judaism when I was 34. Baptists literally believe everyone but them is going to hell. I fried a lot of their brains when I converted and explained that there was no hell, satan wasn't evil and there was a plan for everyone, Jew or not.

When I tried to explain that they were actually practicing idolatry by worshipping JC, their heads exploded so I stopped there!