Monday, January 05, 2009

New York Times Makes A "Correction"

"Correction" appears in quotation marks, or brackets, since I am not quite sure the correction was truthful.

Here it is:

An article on Tuesday about the Israeli assault in Gaza referred incorrectly to the number of civilians killed in Gaza through the first three days of the conflict. The total number of civilians killed was more than 60, not “some 60.” (The number of women and children civilians alone totaled 62, according to United Nations officials; they had no count for male civilians who were killed.)


a) some 60 can also mean "more or less" so I don't know what they were getting so uptight about. how many errors like this did they make about the amount of Israelis injured by the Qassams or how many Qassams fell?

b) and as for male civilians, I hope they will publish a figure for Hamas operatives as distinct from Gazan male civilians. it would help.

1 comment:

Daniel said...

I was hoping the NYT was making a correction about how they overtly did all they could to cover up the Holocaust. I guess I'll have to wait for Godot .