Thursday, July 02, 2009

Israeli Cucumber, A Really Long Israeli Cucumber

I viewed this story about an Israeli farmer who grew a three-foot and 10-inch long cucumber, and was reminded of the scene in "Animal House".:

[Otter and Mrs. Wormer are in the supermarket vegetable section]
Eric 'Otter' Stratton: Mine's bigger.
[Marion looks questioningly at him]



Eric 'Otter' Stratton: My cucumber. It's bigger. I think vegetables can be very sensuous, don't you?
Marion Wormer: No, vegetables are sensual. People are sensuous.
Eric 'Otter' Stratton: Right. Sensual. That's what I meant. My name's Eric Stratton. People call me Otter.
Marion Wormer: My name's Marion. People call me Mrs. Wormer.
Eric 'Otter' Stratton: Oh, we have a Dean Wormer at Faber.
Marion Wormer: How interesting. I have a husband named Dean Wormer at Faber. Still want to show me your cucumber?



I guess anyway Israel gets into the news without being called an "occupier" is not bad.

No comments: