Wednesday, November 04, 2009

Illegitimacy Somewhere Else

You remember my taking umbrage at Obama's use of "illegitimate" in describing our historical, legal, religious and cultural right to reside in Judea and Samaria?

Well, I picked this out of a George Will op-ed:

...the U.S. government chooses to believe that legitimacy descends upon Karzai simply because he agreed to another election controlled by his operatives. Such desperate sophistry is dismaying evidence of the mentality of the Obama administration...Whatever strategy Obama adopts, its success cannot depend on America teaching Afghans to do that [to teach them to elect good men]. If he is looking for a strategy that depends on legitimacy in Kabul, he is looking for a unicorn.



Mr. President, if you want to use an illegitimacy quotient, I'll be willing to compare myself and my Yesha friends to Karazi and Afghanistan anytime.

No comments: