Sunday, December 13, 2009

Sheila Silver Raviv Un-Facebooked Me - BooHoo

This is now somewhere at Facebook:

"Sheila Silver Raviv: I removed Yisrael medad from my list and my Facebook. He denies my writings and claims my article about Zvi and Soviet Jewry to be untrue. The man is locked in his own world and believes no-one else has the right to speak of their experiences. This is the first and last time that I will write about another human being...in anything but glowing terms. I apologise but cannot deal with his nastiness any more." December 7 at 10:41am


Dear Sheila,



Yes, I am guilty, I denied your very specific two claims which are false and misleading.

Not only I, but Yaakov Birnbaum, Glenn Richter, Judy Balint, Michael Sherbourne, Barbara Oberman-Katz, Judege Haran Feinstein and many others.

Since Sheila, you may still be able to convince persons unknown that you are somehow correct and I am the evil one, let me repeat your misrepresentation in red:

It is unfortunate that Zvi Raviv's wife, Sheila Silver, misrepresents the chronicles of the Soviet Jewry struggle.

To write that only after prime minister Golda Meir had been pressured by students to go public, "the campaign went worldwide and communities and organizations began to pressure the Soviet government," is a historical inaccuracy.

The Israeli students' rally 40 years ago made a major contribution to the struggle for Soviet Jewry. However, in no way did it cause the government, or even the Jewish Agency, "to initiate the worldwide campaign for Soviet Jewry." That campaign had been in existence as an activist struggle of sit-ins, demonstrations, mass rallies, writing campaigns, smuggling in literature to Russia and much more, since May 1, 1964...


If you think that Sheila is correct, ask her for the correspondence she received over the past month about her errors of omission.

No comments: