Sunday, March 14, 2010

"Let's Not Get Carried Away"

PM Netanyahu's Remarks at the Start of the Weekly Cabinet Meeting
(Communicated by the Prime Minister's Media Adviser)

Following are Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu's remarks at the start of the weekly Cabinet meeting today (Sunday), 14.3.10:

"We look at this morning's newspapers and read all kinds of comments and analyses. First of all, I suggest that we not get carried away – and that we calm down. What did my friend, Minister Benny Begin, say? "I was a youth and then I matured." We know how to deal with these situations – with equanimity, responsibly and seriously. There was a regrettable incident, that was done in all innocence and was hurtful, and which certainly should not have occurred. We appointed a team of directors-general to examine the chain of events and to ensure procedures that will prevent such occurrences in the future. Beyond this, I think we should suffice with the foregoing.

I also asked the ministers to do so at this time. And I do not think that there is any reason to add any more. But it is of utmost importance to understand that the State of Israel and the US have common interests and we will act according to the vital interests of the State of Israel. These interests also obligate us to decide on changing the situation within the country.

No comments: