Top Ten Rick Sanchez Excuses
10."It's the damn bedbugs"
9. "Didn't think it was possible to get fired from a network no one watches"
8. "Just trying to get some publicity for my Twitter"
7. "Excuses for what?"
6. "Always wanted to go back to doing weather in Zanesville, Ohio"
5. "How come when Jackie Mason says the same thing, it's hilarious?"
4. "Trying to impress Mel Gibson"
3. "Wanted time off to watch Bruce Willis on Letterman"
2. "Accidentally took a handful of Larry King's heart pills"
1. "Hate-filled rant was an audition for Fox News"
After that, Sanchez's wife hurried up:
Rick Sanchez Reportedly Called Jon Stewart to Apologize
Rick Sanchez—the CNN anchor who was fired after insinuating that Jews control the media—might be coming out of hiding. According to Sanchez's wife, he called Daily Show host Jon Stewart (the target of Sanchez's remarks) to say "sorry."
In an update on her Facebook wall, Rick's wife Suzanne writes that the former CNN anchor called Stewart and "they had a good talk" (oh, boy, I'm sure they did). She says Stewart was "gracious" and that he called Sanchez "thin-skinned," and that Rick "feels horrible" and "deeply apologizes to anyone who was offended"—
And watch Jon Stewart.
- - -