Sunday, January 02, 2011

And The Land of Israel Will Be Given

Mossad Chief Meir Dagan retired today and said, among others words, these remarks at the Cabinet meeting:


Mr. Prime Minister,

Ministers,

I hereby finish over 43 years of service to the state. I have had the honor and the privilege of leading the Mossad for the past eight years...

...I was appointed by Prime Minister Ariel Sharon. I worked under Prime Minister Ehud Olmert, and I received from them, me and my people, their encouragement, support and backing. I would like, Mr. Prime Minister, to thank you for your support and backing, and I would like to wish you and to the Government of the State of Israel the wisdom to guide the country through stormy seas, and that you will bring Israel to the safe harbors of peace and security, and will see to the needs of its citizens. Work to strengthen the ties between the Jewish Diaspora and the State of Israel so that we may uphold the verse in Ezekiel (11:17) 'I will even gather you from the peoples, and assemble you out of the countries where you have been scattered, and I will give you the Land of Israel.' I did the best I could. Thank you very much."


^

No comments: