Tuesday, January 04, 2011

Helping The Copts

From a blogger friend:-

A few weeks before Christmas, I met a Coptic Christian who lives in the Boston area.

He grew up in Egypt, moved to the U.S. in the late 70s and has paid close attention to events in Egypt. He speaks and reads Arabic fluently. During our conversations, he predicted that there would be violence against during the Christmas season in Egypt.

He asked me to help tell his story and get his warnings out.

A few days before Christmas, he wrote a letter to President Obama asking that he pay attention to the plight of the Coptic Christians in Egypt. I posted it in a blog that I had started largely to give him a place to get his hearing. In the letter, he stated "Sadly, I fear another attack will happen again sometime in the near future." On Dec. 31, an attack took place.

The letter, posted on Christmas Eve is available here.

My friend does not want to go public with his identity.

If you are a blogger, please blog on his letter.

^

1 comment:

YMedad said...

In the short term, of course. I would hope that Christians should help Christians which would work against these Muslims.