Sunday, January 16, 2011

On Removal

Jameel over at his Muqata copied a report informing us that Sheikh Ra'ad Salah wants the rmeoval of the mezuzot from the gates of the Old City.

I know that in today's media atmosphere it is politically incorrect to make a remark that the radical left progressive camp could then twist about to mean that one is championing murder by oven, placement in concentration camps or whatever.  Of course, their political satire is permitted.

So, with fear and trepidation but believing in my right to free expression, I suggest:

why cannot Sheik Ra'ad Salah be himself removed?

Anyone?


_________

P.S. See what Rabbi JB Soloveitchik thought in connection with Arabs and Amalek.
^

3 comments:

Jameel @ The Muqata said...

FASCIST!!!



;-)

Anonymous said...

Are you suggesting that it not what the report from the Rabbis suggested? If so, I'd love to see a post on it actually proving your point instead of eluding to it in a political point scoring post.

YMedad said...

a) I think he was talking in hyperbole;

b) as for Amalek and Arabs, I've added a P.S. with a link to Rabbi JB Soloveitchik's opinion on the matter.

c) since no decisory body has categorized Arabs as Amalek, and I doubt they could, all this is just political polemics no worse that some of the outrageous left-wing expressions in America.