Friday, March 15, 2013

Yes, You Can, President Obama

President Barack Obama is quoted saying:

“We are talking about a man who committed a serious crime here, and he is paying the penalty. The justice system in America provides for periodic review of cases, and in the final analyis he may be released. My role as president in this system is to be sure that I have acted in accordance with legal rules and procedures.
“I do not intend to free Jonathan Pollard immediately. But I will make sure that---like every other American who serves a prison sentence---he will merit a review of the punishment meted out to him.  “I am well aware of the emotions that such a case generates. One of the sources of strength of Israel citizens is the concern for their welfare wherever they may be. I am aware of it and I identify with it. But I think that everyone has to understand that as president, my first commitment is to act according to the laws of the United States and to make sure they are assiduously enforced.

Mr. President,


Yes, You Can 

Free Jonathan Pollard, 

Now



You can.  You can.

No comments: